Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Marketing and Business Development | Symbii Home Health & Hospice | Orem, UT
at Ensign Services
Our mission is to elevate the level of home health and hospice care by continually improving the experience of-and relationships with-patients, families, providers, employees, and the community. That is why Symbii Home Health and Hospice is simply better for everyone.
To learn more about Symbii Home Health and Hospice - Symbiihealth.com
Symbii Branch Address:
552 East 1400 South
Orem, Utah 84097
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Responsible for managing all aspects of organization marketing/sales including managing the
members of the marketing/sales team, establishing and maintaining positive relationships with
customers and referral sources, responding to customer requests and concerns, and
negotiating service contracts with managed care organizations, government agencies, and other
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Directs all daily marketing operations including providing direct oversight of the
establishment and implementation of marketing/sales initiatives.
2. Assures that staff understand and adhere to all laws, statutes and regulation regarding antikickback,
lawful marketing activities (gifts and services), patient solicitation, and accurate
3. Ensures maximum third party reimbursement through effective negotiation of service
contracts with managed care organizations, government agencies, and other payers.
4. Assists the Executive Director/Administrator in establishing organization volume projections
in the annual budget and in establishing allocations for the marketing department. Monitors
allocation of resources according to budgetary limitations.
5. Continuously conducts market assessments and develops a comprehensive marketing plan
designed to meet budgetary volume projections.
6. Employs marketing and promotional initiatives to achieve budgetary volume projections.
7. Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential referral
and payer sources.
8. Negotiates service pricing with insurance Case Managers and other payers within
established financial and credit parameters.
9. Recruits, selects, orients, and directly manages members of the marketing/sales team.
10. Builds and monitors community, customer, payer and patient perceptions of Symbii Home
Health & Hospice-Home Health as a high quality provider of services.
11. Provides leadership in strategic planning including identifying opportunities for additional or
improved services to address customer needs.
Symbii Home Health & Hospice-Home Health Job Descriptions
ACHC Home Health Human Resources/Revised October 2016 © 2009 The Corridor Group
Job Title/Position: Marketing/Community Relations Director
12. Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of Symbii Home Health & Hospice-Home
Health markets including government agencies, major payer groups, key referral sources,
and competitor’s market positioning.
13. Maintains comprehensive working knowledge in the field of marketing and shares
information with appropriate organization personnel.
14. Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of community resources and assists
customers in accessing community resources should services not be provided by Symbii
Home Health & Hospice-Home Health.
15. Monitors and reports cost-effectiveness of marketing efforts.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and
responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to
perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
1. Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field; Masters degree
2. At least three (3) years experience in health care marketing management, preferably in
home care operations. At least one year experience in sales preferred.
3. Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel.
4. Ability to market aggressively and deal tactfully with customers and the community.
5. Knowledge of corporate business management.
6. Demonstrates excellent communications, negotiation, and public relations skills.
7. Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in
performing job responsibilities.
Symbii Home Health & Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Ensign Services provides recruiting and placement support services to operations in the health care industry. These employers all offer a work environment where local leaders and teams are empowered to achieve superior clinical outcomes, high patient and family satisfaction, operating efficiencies, and financial performance. We engage in a collective quest to develop and support employees so they can deliver dignified, quality health care experiences to patients in the communities they serve.
It is the policy of the Company to be an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to ensuring that all conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, determination of compensation and/or benefits, and termination of employment, for all job classifications, are based on qualifications and work record. No employment decision is made, nor does the company discriminate, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex/pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.