Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrup Grumman Propulsion Systems is currently seeking an experienced Machinist to work in our Promontory, Utah Test and Research Operations (TRO) machine shop.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Machinist is responsible for fabrication of various components and samples that meet design specifications. Operates various conventional and/or numerically controlled machining centers, lathes, and PLC controllers on semi-complex jobs. Able to work from blueprints, sketches, planning sheets, verbal instructions, and/or engineering, tooling, or equipment information. Contributes to organizational initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs. Works with limited guidance, in a team environment.
• A minimum of a 2 year technical degree and/or a certificate in machine shop technology.
• Two Years related machining experience. Able to work with limited guidance in a team environment.
• Perform machine operations (including reworking parts) such as cutting, shaping, deburring, forming, drilling, and reaming parts.
• Programs CNC machines using MasterCam.
• Installs and adjusts cutting tools consistent with type and size of material being machined.
• Follows established manufacturing methods using standard machines tools, materials, and tooling.
• Adjusts feeds, speeds, and depth of cut to machine quality parts.
• Operates hand and power tools to deburr precision and complex machine parts in accordance with semi-complicated engineering blueprints.
• Inspects parts for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as gages, calipers, micrometers and comparators. Visually inspects parts for burrs or damaged machined surfaces.
• Routinely maintains equipment to ensure cleanliness, accuracy, and reliability.
• Actively implements lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement. Effectively applies lean concepts and tools in work area.
• Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.