Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Power Line Man
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
This position requires the electrical knowledge and experience to understand and troubleshoot Sub Stations, Over Current Relays, Circuit Breakers and Power Lines. Work includes but is not limited to safely performing new construction, maintenance or repair work of energized and de-energized overhead electrical work. Installs transformers, lightening arrestors, cutouts, crossarms, insulators, switches and switchgear. Sets poles and anchors and strings overhead wire.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 6 years recent industrial field work experience
- Able and willing to work live high voltage distribution power lines.
- Able to successfully troubleshoot and repair primary and secondary systems.
- Replaces cutout fuses and clears faulted circuits and systems.
- Frequently works with energized high voltage systems which requires skill and care to protect the lives of themselves and others.
- Maintains company vehicles, equipment and tools in good working order.
- Able to perform rigorous physical labor, including working outside in inclement weather conditions.
- Understands grounding procedures.
- Capable of working at heights and/or confined spaces.
- Capable of properly installing and removing Personal Protective Equipment and cover up.
- Must be able to climb different types of structures (wood, steel, etc.)
- Capable of planning safe work based on a job print or work order or other company procedure
- Capable of safely installing and removing mechanical jumpers.
- Does all other related work as required to complete the job.
- Able to read and communicate effectively.
- Able to obtain a Commercial Driver's License permit within 60 days of employment. A Commercial Driver's License is preferred.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to properly inspect rubber goods and PPE.
- Willing to work over-time when requested.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.