Salt Lake Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse - ICU - PRN - SLRMC
at Salt Lake Regional Medical Center
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today’ you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
Registered Nurse- ICU
Provides direct/indirect patient care in the critical care setting. Responsible for recovery/stabilization of post open-heart patients including, but not limited to Successful completion of internal training, skill development & competency certification, Care of patients during all phases of intra-aortic balloon pumping-interventional management maintenance & weaning from IABP, care of critical care & IMC/Tele patients as needed to include communicating with physicians about all aspects of patient condition to include hemodynamic monitoring, results of diagnostic tests & other symptomology.
Additional functions when acting as Charge Nurse: Make patient care assignments based on the skill, experience, & temperament of nursing personnel & on acuity of patients, ensuring patient, staff safety, assist in the evaluation of performance & skills of Agency/Temporary staff & regular critical care staff. Responsibly directs & precepts staff members as needed/assigned in all aspects of critical care management. Participates in quality & process improvement in the ICU during all phases from planning to implementing and sustaining efforts.
- Current Nursing license for the State of
- Must have one year experience as a RN in ICU area
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider, ACLS also required. Uploading a copy of your current BLS and ACLS card to your application is strongly preferred.
- Computer & Internet Skills required.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Telemetry & EKG readings or use of equipment preferred.
- Additional Language skills preferred.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran