University of Utah Health Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at University of Utah Health Care
- Requisition Number
- Employment Type
- Work Schedule
- Weekend 2:00PM-10:30 pm
- Location Name
- University of Utah Hospital
- Patient Care?
- SALT LAKE CITY
- UUH RET 15E NCS STARBUCKS CAFE
- Nutrition / Food Services
As a patient-focused organization, University of Utah Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health seeks staff that are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission. EO/AA
The position is responsible for creating the Starbucks Beverage experience working in a high volume, fast paced unit serving professional clientele.
This position is not responsible for providing patient care.
- Follow these steps to apply: Submit application and take assesment once you apply online.
- Upload Most Recent Up Dated Resume with verifiable work history and experience.
- Review Job Location, Schedule Hours and Qualifications to be consider for this job.
- If your phone number or email changes make sure to update it in your application and resume.
- List 2 or 3 current or privious job supervisor references with full name, title, e-mail and phone number.
- If selected HR recruiter will contact you to do a phone screen interview and further assist.
- Serves as a representative of both the organization and Starbucks Corporation, providing the best beverage experience possible.
- Ensures that beverages are made to Starbucks standards and recipes, and according to the customer's request.
- Processes cash, credit card payments or phone pay and gives accurate change, as necessary.
- Adheres to strict guidelines for product date tagging, rotating, and cleaning of work area.
- Appropriately displays and sells bottled beverages, sandwiches and snacks.
- Restocks and cleans work area.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined above.
- Ability to certify as a Starbucks Barista in the allotted training time and demonstrate to the trainer proper writing and calling back of drinks to the customer.
- Demonstrated basic math and cash register skills.
- Demonstrated communications and human relations skills.
- Ability to appropriately handle issues associated with the operation including customer service, cash handling, and stocking of supplies, with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to perform and/or coordinate the activities of others to ensure proper functioning when operating under conditions of staff shortages.
- Six months of food service, customer service experience, or equivalency.
- Current Food Handlers work permit within one month of hire.
- Successful completion of Barista training within one month of hire.
- One of the following
- Current Utah Food Handler Permit.
- Current Food Protection Manager certification, accredited by ANSI.
* Additional license requirements as determined by the hiring department.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without an accommodation.
- This position involves intermediate working conditions in a healthcare setting that may exert up to 50 pounds and may consistently require lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise moving patients or objects, such as medical equipment, while providing patient care. This position may be subject to chemical and equipment hazards and is standing and walking for sustained periods of time.
- We are University of Utah Health. healthcare.utah.edu