Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Duties Include: Delivers support to the Intake and Reimbursement Department personnel. Performs all functions in a professional manner and collaborates with other members of the health care team to assist with communication and coordination of all patient referrals documents required to bill and POS drug billing.
Coordinates referrals and associated documentation between the Intake and the Reimbursement Departments. Serves as point person for the Reimbursement group for missing documentation, information, or anything required for billing or collections; reviews all referrals and ensures that all required documentation and information is attached to the document tracking form. Assists with detailed written physician orders (as required). Is responsible for updating and resolution of the required documents that are on the hold report (unbilled and billed). Verifies that the services and products are correctly authorized and that required documentation is on file.
Monitors unbilled for issues related to missing documentation. Tracks and escalates unbilled issues as necessary. Coordinates and ensures that all reimbursement related forms (CMN's, AOB's, ABN's, etc.) are returned and accurate per the guidelines established in the Reimbursement Policy & Procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to various audiences (work group, team, company management, prospective acquisitions, external clients).
- Basic level experience in the Microsoft Office package: Word (creating documents, entering and formatting text, page layouts, creating tables, and adding graphics), Excel (creating worksheets, entering data, creating basic formulas, working with cells and rows) and PowerPoint (creating a new presentation from a design template, adding and removing slides, entering and formatting text, adding speaker notes, and viewing presentations).
- Experience in providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Experience entering data into databases (ex: MS Excel or MS Access)
- Basic Internet Explorer skills experience to include opening a browser, typing in URLs in the correct location, using a search engine, bookmarking a site, navigating using back / forward / stop buttons, and filling out forms online
- Basic level PC skills experience (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents, access information on-line, etc.).
- At least 1 year of medical billing, collections or admissions experience
- Previous work experience in the infusion reimbursement and / or intake function
- Previous medical coding experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel.
Basic level skill in Microsoft Word.
Basic level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint.
At least one year of medical billing, collections or admissions experience.
Previous work experience in the infusion reimbursement and/or intake function.
Previous medical coding experience.